Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Tawt I Taw...A Yogurt Ad?

I've been meaning to post these images - and given Coke's Super Bowl Ad, it seems like a perfect time to do so. They are from a billboard in the Times Square area for Fage Yogurt. I'm assuming it's been up since the fall - I, myself only noticed it for the first time about two weeks ago.

It's situated along the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade route, a little more than half way before the parade's finish line downtown. It's exact location is atop
1623 Broadway, between 
West 49th and West 50th Streets. The character balloon embedded in the yogurt bears an uncanny resemblance to a certain Warner Bros. canary. Makes you wonder what the cat did to create this situation?

It's a great ad in the tradition of Times Square "spectaculars;" Probably would have been just a little better if there was a huge, three-dimensional cup or tub of yogurt to clarify what's being advertised (the large white space and balloon distract from the almost-invisible-from-street-level yogurt tub illustration and tag line). I only say this because the brand doesn't exactly have the name recognition of say, Dannon and according to Fage's website, the company "...was established in June 2000 in the state of New York." Now that I know what they're selling, I'll be a little more aware of their product in supermarket refrigeration cases.

No comments: